Live Energist Events
Find A Practitioner
Top Articles & News
Welcome to the world of Meridian Energy Therapies!
If this is your first visit, here is an introduction to Meridian Energy Therapies in a nutshell just for you. Start your journey here with EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques "The Ambassador of Meridian Energy Therapies" and try two basic techniques for yourself online now.
Meridian & Energy Therapies & Energy Psychology
A First Introduction
- Meridian & Energy Therapies (METs) became a separate healing field when a US psychologist, Dr Roger Callahan, began to use insights about the body's energy system to treat psychological problems with astonishing success in the early 1980s.
- A large part of METs is still devoted to treating psychological problems such as fear, phobias, anxieties, motivation problems etc. This is also known as "Energy Psychology" and this rapidly developing field is re-writing the definitions of what is causing emotional disturbances and how to treat such disturbances swiftly, gently and very effectively.
- Originally, there were only a few separate techniques. But in recent years, active research and feedback by a large number of innovators who came from other fields of human healing and found in the new Meridian Energy Therapies answers and routes of enquiry that were simply not available before has created a wonderful variety of METs.
- All the METs are still under constant development. There are two main organizations, the Association For Meridian & Energy Therapies The AMT in the UK and Europe and The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, ACEP in the USA, although both have members worldwide.
- The AMT host a large event every year in November called the EFT & Energy Psychology Conference, which is open to all and hosts some of the biggest and brightest stars in the energy therapy community. Past presenters have included Dr Silvia Hartmann, Dr Mark Atkinson, Karl Dawson, Sandi Radomski, Dr Thornton Streeter, Marilyn Devonish, Sandra Hillawi and many more.
- The extremely rapid spread and development of the METs is most likely due to the fact that there exist simple self help protocols that professionals and lay people alike can easily try out for themselves and use in their own personal development. Rather than "from the top down", METs are spreading as a single person at a time experiences their power to change and heal and decides to join what has been called "the energy therapies revolution".
- The most accessible and most widely known of the METs is Gary Craig's Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT. It has been called "The Ambassador of the New Meridian & Energy Therapies" and with its user friendly, easy design has brought many tens of thousands of professionals and lay people alike to an awareness of the wonderful benefits of the new Meridian Energy Therapies for mind, body and spirit.
EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques -
The Ambassador Of Meridian Energy Therapies & Energy Psychology
Overview & Introduction
EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques in brief:
- EFT is a Meridian Energy Therapy - just like acupuncture, it works directly on the meridian system in the energy body. But instead of needles, you stimulate the major meridian points by tapping on them or massaging them lightly.
- EFT is a true mind/body healing technique because it combines the positive effects of meridian energy treatments with the mental effects of focussing on the pain or problem at the same time.
- EFT is a self help protocol, designed for ease of use and so everyone can benefit from Emotional Freedom Techniques without prior knowledge about energy work or meridians.
- EFT was designed and developed by Gary Craig, a Stanford Engineer, from Dr. Roger Callahan's Thought Field Therapy or TFT.
- TFT is done by a carefully trained practitioner and relies on complex sequences of tapping the points called algorithms.
- Gary Craig applied the concept of "total redundancy" to TFT and made the EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques protocol in which you tap all the meridian points for every problem, so by default you will always tap on the right one.
- Sometimes, the reasons and causes for problems, anxieties and fears are difficult to reach for a single person working on their own.
- In this case, it is a good thing to visit with a good EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques or MET (meridian energy therapies) practitioner who has experience and can find out how to start the process off right.
- But you still continue to use the basic EFT protocol at home or when you are in the situation that is making you nervous, fearful or stressed.
- The fact that you can do the Emotional Freedom Technique on yourself anywhere, everywhere - all it takes is a few minutes and your own hands - makes EFT remarkable in all ways in psychology and self help.
- Without any training, you really can use EFT to help yourself in moments of doubt and fear, in the middle of the night, or when you are on your own.
Now, go on to
The Whole Truth.
The most modern, advanced and practical systems for human evolution availabe today, from self help to advanced professional practitioner trainings.
Featuring the SUE Scale, created by Silvia Hartmann, and exclusive to The AMT - The Guild of Energists.
The perfect introduction to EFT for beginners, and the essential training manual for working with the positive wing of the SUE Scale.
The complete handbook of modern Energy EFT techniques, scripts, patterns and methods.
EFT Master Practitioner
Professional certification for psychologists, cousellors and coaches, and practicing modern energists.
Find out what's on where, who's doing what in EFT & Modern Energy Work
Get discounts, early bird notifications & the latest information on conferences, special events, live trainings and certification courses.
Sign up to The AMT Conference & Events Newsletter
Books For Energists
Books For Energists: Energy EFT, EmoTrance, Energy Hypnosis & Energy Psychology Books, Manuals & Distance Learning Programs at www.DragonRising.com